SAPHIRE will launch a new CRUISING version of the well known 27ft sailboat this summer. With this new model SAPHIRE follows the trend to funboats for reasonable prices to please a wide range of sailors. The focus was set on a nice and well finished interior and an easy and simple handling of the boat while sailing. The actual version, which addresses to more ambitious sailors, shall be renamed into SAPHIRE SPORT and still feature all the technical highlights of a sport boat such as vacuum sandwich infusion technology, carbon mast and a very complete set of deck equipment.
The following features shall be implemented into the new SAPHIRE CRUISE:
- Hull and deck in wet layup with Vinylester resin and PVC sandwich core
- Aluminium mast with backstay
- Classical sail plan with main and jib in Dacron included in the base price
- Endless jib furler, single point lifting system, fixe vang included in the base price
- Complete deck equipment and bowsprit system included in the base price
- Interior with two fixe berth in the bow and two central berth including mattresses
- Big storage space under the cockpit floor
- Lifting keel in casted iron with T-bulb
- CE B category
- High gloss ceiling cover
- Laminated floorboards and wooden table in the interior
- Space for ice box, water supply, toilet, batteries, electric panel etc.
- Space for outboard engine (fuel, electric) at the transom
- Space for additional winches in the cockpit for single handed sailing